Share This Article
Why Should We Hire A Lighting Electrician? Are you interested in a career in the lighting industry but don’t know where to start? Do you have some electrical experience but want to learn more about lighting systems? Or maybe you just want to be able to fix things when they go wrong? This article is for you, whatever your reasons for wanting to become a Lighting Electrician in Portland.
What Is a Lighting Electrician?
A Lighting Electrician is a person who installs, maintains, and repairs lighting in buildings. They install and maintain fixtures, wiring, and switches throughout the building and troubleshoot any problems that may arise. They are responsible for ensuring that all light fixtures are operational and safe and meeting or exceeding building codes and regulations.
Suppose you are interested in becoming a Lighting Electrician. In that case, there are several things that you will need to have: an associate’s degree in electrical engineering or a related field, two years of experience in an electrician position, and a valid license. You will also need to be able to pass a licensing exam.
Different Types of Lighting Electrician In Portland
There are many different types of lighting electricians. Some specialize in lighting, while others may be more generalists. Here is a breakdown of the most common types of lighting electricians:
- Branch Manager: A branch manager is usually the head of a Lighting Department and oversees all aspects of the department, including sales, installations, and maintenance.
- System Engineer: A system engineer designs, installs, tests, and maintains electrical systems. They typically have a degree in engineering or a similar field.
- Line Technician: A line technician installs, tests, and maintains power lines and associated equipment. They typically have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Apprentice Electrician: An apprentice electrician is trained to become a line technician. Apprentices typically complete an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or another related field before becoming an apprentice electricians.
The Duties of a Lighting Electrician
As a Lighting Electrician, you must ensure that all building areas are properly illuminated. You will install and maintain lighting systems and troubleshoot when problems arise. You must know electrical wiring and safety practices.
A Lighting Electrician in Portland is responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining electrical systems in commercial and residential buildings. This includes installing and repairing light fixtures, switches, and wiring. They are also responsible for inspecting the electrical systems and testing them.
A Lighting Electrician typically has a degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field. They also need to have experience in the construction industry, as well as experience with wiring and light fixtures.
The Salaries of Lighting Electricians
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, lighting electricians make an average salary of $51,620 per year. This is much higher than the average salary for all occupations, which is $43,750 annually. The top 10 percent of lighting electricians earn an average salary of $68,240 per year, while the bottom 10 percent earn an average salary of $38,980 per year.
The Working Conditions of a Lighting Electrician
The working conditions of a lighting electrician vary depending on their work and the company they are employed by. In general, lighting electricians typically work long hours in cramped and often noisy environments. They are responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining all lighting fixtures, including fluorescent lamps, incandescent bulbs, chandeliers, and outdoor lights.
Lighting electricians must have excellent hand-eye coordination and be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces. They must also be able to read blueprints and understand electrical codes. Because lighting fixtures can be hazardous if not installed correctly, lighting electricians must be aware of potential hazards and take precautions when handling light bulbs or other equipment.
Despite the challenging working conditions and occasionally dangerous situations, many Lighting Electricians enjoy their jobs because they love being surrounded by beautiful light fixtures.
How to Find a Lighting Electrician In Portland
When looking for a lighting electrician, it is important to understand their work types clearly.
To find a lighting electrician qualified for the type of work you need to do, it is important to ask your neighbors, friends, or family members who they use. You can also look online for reviews of lighting electricians in your area. If you cannot find a qualified lighting electrician, ask your local home improvement store if they know any professionals.
Tips on Hiring a Lighting Electrician
If you need a lighting electrician in Portland, there are a few tips you can follow to help you find the perfect one for your project.
- First, give your electrician plenty of information about the project you’re tasked with. This will help them better understand what needs to be done and how they should do it.
- Additionally, always ask for references. Not only will this ensure you’re working with someone who’s been in the business for a while, but also it’ll give you an idea of their quality work.
- Always be prepared to pay for good work. A good lighting electrician will know exactly how much time and effort it’ll take to complete a job properly, and they’ll be more than happy to charge accordingly.
Benefits Of Lighting Electrician
There are many benefits to lighting electricians. First, it is an environmentally friendly job. Lighting electricians use less energy than the traditional light bulb, and they last longer, which saves money over time. Second, electricians are good at working in tight spaces. This is because they use wires and cords to work on electrical systems.
Third, electricians are reliable workers. They have good attention to detail and can usually complete tasks on time. Finally, electricians have a lot of training and experience, which gives them an advantage when working on complex projects.
A lighting electrician is a professional who installs, maintains, and repairs electrical systems in buildings. They typically work in commercial or industrial settings but might also work in residential areas. A lighting electrician typically has an associate’s degree or a vocational certificate in electrical engineering and must have passed an exam to become licensed.